- THE FOUNDING OF ROME AND THE MONARCHY.
- The foundation of Rome.
- Monarchy (753-509 BCE).
- THE ROMAN REPUBLIC (509-27 BCE).
- Political system and institutions.
- Social conflicts: the fight over political rights.
- The territorial expansion of Rome.
- The end of the Republic.
- THE EMPIRE (27 BCE-476 AD).
- The High Roman Empire (1st to 3rd centuries AD)
- The Low Roman Empire (4th and 5th centuries AD)
- ROMAN SOCIETY AND ECONOMIC ACTIVITIES.
- Roman urbanism and cities.
- Roman economy.
- RELIGION AND CULTURE IN ROME.
- Roman gods and worship.
- Roman culture.
- ROMAN ART
- Other art forms.
- THE WESTERN ROMAN EMPIRE AFTER THE FALL OF ROME: THE GERMANIC KINGDOMS.
Download the notes here:
Here you have the topics for the informative texts for this unit:
- The Roman Republic: political institutions and territorial expansion.
- The origins of the Roman Empire: the end of the Republic, the beginning of the Empire and political organisation.
- The evolution of the Roman Empire: the High Roman Empire.
- The evolution of the Roman Empire: the Lower Roman Empire.
Remember the characteristics of informative texts, with an introduction and sequence of ideas separated by paragraphs. Remember to take the notes into account, and not the textbook.
Complete a timeline of the history of Ancient Rome with the following dates:
- 753 BCE – 509 BCE – Monarchy.
- 509 – 27 BCE – Republic.
- 27 BCE – 284 AD – High Empire.
- 284 – 476 AD – Lower Empire.
- 264-146 BCE – Punic Wars.
- 44 BCE – Assasination of Julius Caesar.
- 330 AD – Capital of the Roman Empire to Constantinople.
- 395 AD – Division of the Empire into Eastern and Western.
Careful with the BCE and AD difference, and follow the instructions for doing timelines.