- HUMAN ORIGINS AND EVOLUTION: THE PROCESS OF HOMINISATION.
- THE PREHISTORY.
- THE PALAEOLITHIC.
- Time and space.
- What did they eat? Economy.
- Social organisation, beliefs and art.
Download the presentation:
Remember to follow the instructions for defining in History.
- Ancient Age
- Middle Ages
- Modern Age
- Contemporary times
- Hunter-gatherer economy
- Cave paintings
Extract the main characteristic (only one!) of the following hominids.
Here you have a GIF image showing how the process of hominisation is not as we many times think: continuous and simple.
Draw a similar mind map in your notebook, and complete it with the contents explained in the classroom.
- Where did the first humans appear?
- What do you think that happened to species that did not adapt to their environment?
- When did humans first spread outside Africa?
- When did the Homo Sapiens appear? Where?
- Do you think the video wants to transmit the idea of us (humans) being inevitable?
- Why do humans have differences in skin colour and hair textures?
- Complete: you are a part of a 6-million year history of _________________.
If you want more information about human evolution, go to Becoming Human.
And now, some fun video:
Please, download (from the link below) and print out the worksheet with a piece of news from The Guardian and some questions to work with.
You can copy the questions in the notebook, or you can paste the page and only specify the question numbers.