- The formation of the relief: internal and external forces (pp. 30-33).
- Internal forces of the Earth.
- External forces of the Earth: the shaping of the relief.
- Elements of the relief.
- Continental landforms (pp. 34-35).
- Coastal relief (p. 36).
- Submarine relief (p. 37).
- The physical map of Europe and Spain.
- The hydrosphere: water on Earth and the water circle.
- Oceans and seas.
- Continental waters.
- The waters of Europe and Spain.
- Geological hazards and risks and problems related with water.
Copy the questions in your notebook and answer the questions:
- Name the four spheres.
- Where does the word geosphere come from? What does it mean? Name some words that use the root word “geo”?
- Name three items that are a part of the geosphere.
- What is the hydrosphere made out of?
- Name three items that are part of the hydrosphere.
- What is the atmosphere made out of?
- How many layers are in the atmosphere?
- What layer contains 80% of the air on our planet?
- What is the biggest part of the hydrosphere?
- Are the clouds and the wind part of the atmosphere or the hydrosphere?
List of elements for the test: Spain (For test)
List of elements – Elements of the relief and waters (Spain and Europe).
- Enrique Alonso’s website
- My own games The issue with my games is that they have some more elements than what we are studying, but I think they are going to help
- Relief of Spain – And another
- Rivers of Spain – And another
- Coastal relief of Spain (with more elements than in the list) – An another
- Land and coastal relief of Spain
- Waters of Spain.
- The structure of the Earth.
- Tectonic plates and the continental drift.
- Plate tectonics – There are several multimedia resources that you may consider interesting.
- Why do earthquakes happen?
- Earthquakes – Interactive guide.
- When a tsunami in Japan hits California.
- Volcanoes – Interactive guide.
- Nepal earthquake moves Kathmandu but Everest height unchanged – experts (News)