Read the job offer first.
The possible dates for this project are:
- 750 – End of the Umayyad dynasty.
- 756 – Abd ar-Rahman I proclaims the independence of al-Andalus (Independent Emirate).
- 929 – Abd ar-Rahman III proclaims the Caliphate of Córdoba.
- 1002 – Death of al-Mansur in Medinaceli.
- 1031 – Taifa kingdoms.
- 1085 – Toledo is conquered by the Christians.
- 1238 – Foundation of the Nasrid Kingdom of Granada by Muhammad ibn Nars.
- 1258 – The Mongols sack Baghdad.
Download a copy of the frontpage model for completing it:
Some advice – HOW TO WRITE A PIECE OF NEWS:
- Headline: simple but powerful language.
- Straplines: brief summary of the news.
- First paragraph: 6 Ws, showing the most important facts.
- Second paragraph: background (why has the event happened? How did it start?)
- Third paragraph: development of the event.
- Fourth paragraph: reactions from the main character, witnesses or other people. Use quotations.
- Last paragraph: possible consequences of the event.