Here you have two activities for studying the role of writing in Mesopotamia and the Early Civilisation.
Both have questions, so copy the titles clearly, copy the questions and answer them for their correction in the classroom.
- Imagine a world without law… what do you think it would happen?
- Why do you think the video says “law is one of society’s most basic institutions”?
- Why did Hammurabi “tried to instituionalise law”?
- Were the laws only Babylonian?
- Why do you think that the code was and is important?
- What are the topics treated in the code?
- Why do they mention Napoleon in the video?
- Why do you think that young people were prosecuting, defending and sitting in the jury of the Texan town?
TEXT – THE CODE OF HAMMURABI
Click on the image for downloading the worksheet.